Topic: ONE DAY, YOUR WORK WILL SPEAKS FOR YOU
Bible Reading: LUKE 7:1-10
“When Jesus had finished saying all this to the people, he returned to Capernaum. At that time the highly valued slave of a Roman officer was sick and near death. When the officer heard about Jesus, he sent some respected Jewish elders to ask him to come and heal his slave. So they earnestly begged Jesus to help the man. “If anyone deserves your help, he does,” they said, for he loves the Jewish people and even built a synagogue for us.” So Jesus went with them. But just before they arrived at the house, the officer sent some friends to say, “Lord, don’t trouble yourself by coming to my home, for I am not worthy of such an honor. I am not even worthy to come and meet you. Just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed. I know this because I am under the authority of my superior officers, and I have authority over my soldiers. I only need to say, ‘Go,’ and they go, or ‘Come,’ and they come. And if I say to my slaves, ‘Do this,’ they do it.” When Jesus heard this, he was amazed. Turning to the crowd that was following him, he said, “I tell you, I haven’t seen faith like this in all Israel!” And when the officer’s friends returned to his house, they found the slave completely healed.”
You are welcome to day five of this unusual and unique program. The man in our today’s Bible reading is our focus. The man did what makes the heaven to respond to his needs. He was a man that every believer can emulate and practices what he did. The people he had impacted their life spoke for him.
Let us study the man character and how his work earned him honour from Jesus Christ:
1. Highly respected officer of the army, but has a problem that his position or wealth cannot solve.
2. He has no relationship with Jesus Christ – “Lord, don’t trouble yourself by coming to my home, for I am not worthy of such an honor. I am not even worthy to come and meet you.”
3. His slave was sick and nearly to death. His greatest need was healing of the slave.
4. He could not come to Jesus because he seems himself has sinful man and unworthy person before Jesus.
5. His work speak for him – “So they earnestly begged Jesus to help the man. “If anyone deserves your help, he does,” they said, for he loves the Jewish people and even built a synagogue for us.”
he Lesson To Learn:
Ø For everyone, there is greatest need at anytime. What is your greatest need? Is it salvation, fruit of the womb, husband or wife, marriage, job, promotion, healing, appointment, admission, etc?
Ø No matter who you are or your position in this world, there is a problem that your position or wealth or wisdom or power or gender cannot solve. Job 14:1
Ø Sin is a barrier between man and God – Galatians 5:19-21. A sinful man is a slave to sin and enemy to God. Meanwhile, God loves you and He wants you to come back to Him in faith, humility and sincerity.
Ø What you do today is a history tomorrow.
Ø The little donation you make to this ministry will speak for you during your greatest needs.
What You Must Be Doing:
ü Always give and never withhold in giving – Luke 6:38
ü Pay all your tithes and never rob God – Malachi 3:8-12
ü Support the widows and motherless and fatherless – Matthew 25:34-40
ü Have passion and love the work of God.
ü Use your wealth, properties, and time to serve God and humanity.
ü Never turn back from God, close to Him in faith and He will accept you.
ü Always build healthy and cordial relationship with your Saviour – Jesus Christ. John 15:1-5
PRAYER BOMBS FOR TODAY
1. Father, pronounce fruitfulness upon my work, job, marriage and ministry in Jesus name.
2. All the goodness I have done, beginning to speak for me in the name of Jesus.
3. Every seed of sins that can hinder me to harvest blessing and fruits this year, be uprooted by the Blood of Jesus.
4. Father, inspire me to give and donate to the work of God more than my desire in the name of Jesus.
5. Spirit of stingy, get out of my life by fire in the name of Jesus.
6. Every destroyer that had been assigned to destroy my work, job, blessing and fruitful, you are a liar, scatter and die by fire of God in the name of Jesus.
7. Thou territorial powers ruling over marriages, business, work, job, ministry and in my family, be dethroned by fire in the name of Jesus.
8. Thou spirits of the pig standing against my life, be drowned in the water of affliction in Jesus’ name.
9. Every satanic dog barking against my marriage, business, work, job, ministry and my family be silenced and be roasted by fire in the name of Jesus.
10. Any evil beast on a nightly assignment to manipulate my dreams, visions, business, work, job, and ministry, be cast into the abyss in Jesus’ name.
11. Let all my internal and external enemies receive double disgrace in the mighty name of Jesus.
12. Thou army of the frog waging war against my soul, be cast into the pit in the name of Jesus Christ.
13. Thou marine brigade from the waters, working against my success, blessing, business, work, job, ministry and family be scattered by the fire of God’s judgment in Jesus’ name.