Bible Reading: Luke 15:11-31
Topic: Discover Yourself.
“And he said, A certain man had two sons: And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living. And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living. And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want. And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine. And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him. And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father’s have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants. And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him. And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son. But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet: And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry: For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.” Luke 15:11-24
Self discovery is the power to fulfill purpose and destiny. The brother in our today’s bible reading was popularly known as Prodigal Son of the Bible. He was brother that desire to be great but follow the wrong way. He could have become successful but the reverse is the case. But when he discovered himself, it was then he could become what he had destined for.
Let us examine ways one should discovered himself or herself:
1. Discover that you are in wrong place. Luke 15:13-16.
Where you lives determine your leftover. The man was in a wrong place and he experience wrong things like starve, hunger, failure, wastages, etc.
2. Discover that you doing the wrong business, job or work. Luke 15:15. The boy persuaded a local farmer to hire him and he was sent to fields to feed pigs. Beloved, you are not sent to filed pigs but to feed humanity. Your businesses, job or work is meant to bring solutions to people problems. Any work or business that you engage which does not had positive impact to people lives is not a good job or work or business.
3. Discover that you associated with wrong people. Luke 15:15-19. The man associated himself with wrong person to lives with. Evil association destroy good character. Bad association destroy bright future. And bad companionship will not only bring failure or disaster but will end up in destruction. Proverbs 14:12, 1Cor.15:33
4. Discover that you are serving wrong master – Luke 15:15. There are two kinds of master that can rules your life – Jesus or Satan, God or gods. Many have forsake Jesus as their Master but serving under Satan. The person you submitted to will be your master. Romans 8:5-8.
5. He Discovered that he was in a wrong way that leading to eternal doom. This man already forsake the living Father that guarantee eternity in heaven. But he came back to his senses that he was following the wrong way. Proverbs 14:12. Jesus Christ is the only way that provides and gives life, peace, joy, salvation, blessing, fruitfulness, etc. You can only fulfill and achieve your purpose in this world when you commit your ways into the hands of Jesus Christ. John 14:6-7.
Beloved, give your total life to Jesus today. Whatever you needed can only be given to you from Jesus. Believed Him, follow Him, trust in Him and always seek Him. Matthew 7:7
Prayer Bombs for the day:
1. Father I thank you for given me grace to discovers myself today.
2. Father, give me your Holy Spirit in fullness in the name of Jesus
3. Father cause me to discover myself in your master plan in the name of Jesus
4. Father, I come back to you today, save me, heal me, and deliver me from all forces of failure and wickedness in the name of Jesus
5. As from today henceforth, I will be following the way of righteousness that lead to blessing and fruitfulness in the name of Jesus
6. Father restored back to me every good things that I lost to wrong place in the name of Jesus